Thursday 1 September 2011

That's how the cookie crumbles ~ Daniela

picture credit: pinterest
Errol this is for you!

I just got a call from one of readers, Errol, who was looking for a good oat and choc chip cookie recipe.

Now if there is one thing I do have, it is one of the most delicious chewy cookie recipes. Close to my heart as my "therapeutic comfort food of choice", I normally end up making these when I can't sleep because they are easy enough for me to make in about 20min and it ends up taking my mind off whatever it is bothering me.

Not only am I left with one of the best smells of baked cookies looming in my house, but one glass of warm milk and a warm cookie straight out the oven is the perfect snooze treat when the mind is busy. Also the recipe makes a substantial amount so it is perfect for sharing, and my colleagues are always grateful for my sleepless nights.

Chewy Choc chip cookies
INGREDIENTS
  •   250g soft unsalted butter
  •   2 tsps vanilla extract
  •   1 cup brown sugar
  •   1 cup granulated white sugar
  •   2 large eggs
  •   3 cups easy cook jungle oats
  •   2 cups all-purpose flour
  •   1/2 tsp salt
  •   1 tsp baking soda
  •   1 1/2 tsps cinnamon
  •   1cup chocolate chips
METHOD
  1. Cream the butter, vanilla and sugars together in a large bowl until smooth and then add eggs one at a time. 
  2. In another bowl combine the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
  3. Gradually add this mixture to the creamed butter and sugars. Mix together and finally add the chocolate chips.
  4. Leave the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes to and hour so that it won't be so sticky when forming dough balls.
  5. Preheat oven to 190° C.
  6. Remove dough from fridge and roll into ping pong sized balls, place on a grease-proof, oven-proof tray and bake for 8 to 10 minutes (keep an eye out not to over cook as they will not be chewy - I like to turn the cookies after 5min) 
Let me know how it works out ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment