Monday 22 August 2011

Breakfast is served ~ Hasmita

On Saturday morning, I woke up inspired to make some pancakes for breakfast. I’m not really one for baking, cooking I can handle, but baking is something I try to avoid completely. I think it has to do with all the measurements – it boggles me, and I’m also one that does not follow recipes very well.
Anyhow, I thought I would share my pancake recipe that actually worked really well. The batter, I think requires more milk than it says, unless you want it to be more a like a crumpet or flapjack.

Here we go…

picture credit: pinterest.com

Good Old-Fashioned Pancakes
With thanks to http://allrecipes.com/
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions:
  1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
  2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

Tip: being a cook who can not stick to recipes very well, I thought of grating some lemon zest into the batter, and adding a little bit of mixed spices.

Let me know if you love this recipe as much as I do – it’s definitely flop-proof!

Happy Baking!





No comments:

Post a Comment