Wednesday 22 June 2011

Singapore Taste Sensations! ~ Robyn

I leave for Singapore in just under a week and I am so excited!  One of the things I am most looking forward to is trying different kinds of food.  I’ve done some research on this:
“Singaporeans are simply obsessed with eating. For the best food, they will queue endlessly, they will traverse the island, and they will eat at all hours. Many have been known to come back after migrating simply because they miss their favorite foods. Much of it is humble but insanely delicious street fare found in food centers and coffee shops throughout the island.”
This dish appeals to me:
Chili crab
“A national signature, chili crab is one of the most requested dishes for anyone who comes to Singapore. There are more than a dozen ways to do crab (black pepper, salted egg yolk, cheese-baked, etc) but chili crab remains the bestseller. It’s certainly not something to be consumed daintily. The spicy chili-tomato gravy tends to splatter, but crab enthusiasts love it so much, they’ll mop everything up with mini mantou buns.”
I hope my family is feeling as adventurous as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment