“Vegetables are a must on a diet.
I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie”- Jim Davis
We have received a few calls from our readers, who have been paging through the Sept/Oct issue in search of the delicious carrot cake recipe that has been featured on the cover, yet inadvertently been left out of the magazine itself. We can only apologise for this oversight, but all is not lost as we do have this easy recipe.
Here we go…
Easy Carrot Cake
1 ¾ cup sugar
1 ¼ cup oil
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp bicarb
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
3 cups grated carrot
1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease 2 x 20cm cake pans.
2. Beat sugar, oil and eggs together.
3. Sift flour, baking powder, bicarb, salt and cinnamon together twice, and then fold into the egg mixture.
4. Fold in the grated carrot and crushed pineapple and transfer to the prepared cake pans.
5. Bake for 45 minutes. Cool in the cake pan on a wire rack.
...For the cream cheese icing, it is the same as for the red velvet cake in the Sept/Oct issue.