Monday 16 May 2011

Tagliatelle with a creamy bell pepper and Peppadew sauce

 ~ by Sasha

With the weather not being that great and my 5-month-old son being a bit throaty and congested, I stayed in bed with the humidifier going for most of yesterday – just to cuddle and keep warm and to make sure he was hydrated. Being a busy bee, I struggle to sit still for too long (I’ve always wished that Jesse’s father could breastfeed him so that I could do what needs to be done and Dad and son could park off and watch movies all day or whatever it is that keeps someone busy when sitting?!) And so, at around , I got a (busy) bee in my bonnet and decided to cook up a storm for supper – my shopping basket consisted of only what was in my fridge and pantry and I forgot how sublime the feeling is to create a simple tasty meal from “nothing”!

We ate tagliatelle with a creamy bell pepper and Peppadew sauce…


Image: 123rf.com

Ingredients:
300g pasta (tagliatelle)
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 each small red and green bell pepper, chopped
6 peppadews, sliced
100ml white wine
100ml cream
3 egg yolks
Small handful basil, chopped

Method:
1. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
2. Meanwhile, fry the onion with the garlic and peppers until golden and cooked through. Add the peppadews. Deglaze with the white wine, and cook for a further minute.
3. Beat together the cream and egg yolks, then add it to the onions with the cooked and drained pasta and the chopped basil. Let it all heat through and serve.

Tip: add ready-roasted chicken, cut up, for protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment